Saturday 1 November 2008

Blessed Samhain




The time feels just right at the moment for Samhain, life an' stuff has been grinding us down of late and it feels like a bit of a weight has been lifted now that Samhain is passing by and I can let all of the troubles pass by with it.

Halloween night was really good as we initiated my 4 yr old fairy god daughter into the gentle art of trick or treat... She is a pro let me tell ya!! As always CK and Stealth had a fantastic time although I think the emphasis has shifted from getting as many sweets as possible to just enjoying the evening! Stealth will probably have much of his stash left even as December draws in. He is the only kid who loves going to the house who only gives out oranges as treats and then swaps with as many people as he can so he gets this little orangery of his own to munch upon!!

A family member is at present in Guatemala doing charity work, which seems to be suiting her I think. They are all getting ready for Day of the Dead celebrations which I am soooo envious of! It is a dream of mine to be in Mexico for this wonderful festival. I wonder if Latin Americans take this festival with them wherever they choose to call home or not?

So the air is getting crisper and the dark creeps up earlier and earlier in the day but do you know what... I love it, autumn is my most, very favourite time of year when nature shows off at her best and we so very definitely take second place in the world!!

No comments: