Friday 16 January 2009

5 Things


Five things that have happened over last few days,

1. Shitty things have happened, my friend lost her baby. Actually it's worse than that - the pregnancy wasn't progressing so now they are having to wait for a miscarriage. Plus this was her first try at IVF after being told she had a ridiculously low chance of becoming pregnant EVER and had spent the last year trying to do everything possible to improve her chances of sustaining a pregnancy. She is desperate to be a mum and is the kind of person who deserves to be one. A cyber friends Grandma passed away and it has crushed him. And stuff, just plain ol' shitty stuff.

2. I have to start my art journal again....

3. I wanted to do this cool blog interview thing but have been so bummed out by recent events I couldn't get my head round it.

4. Stealth's reading age has developed by about 6 years over the space of maybe 3 weeks due to some good science fiction books. God bless ya Mr Eddings and all who sail in ya!

5. I have used turnip in my cooking twice, in one week... wow - that's a whole lot of turnip.

6. Most Haunted live has been on all week and I have let the kids stay up late to watch it cos I am obviously one bad Mother...

7. The woman who comes to guide the kids in their art endeavours upsets me sometimes as she tries to make any progress Stealth has all about her. She sees him for 2 hrs a week FFS and then assumes it's her magical pixie dust that brings him on in leaps and bounds - not anything me or Carnelian Dude have done for the other 166 hrs since she last saw him..

8. I am worried that by composting my cantaloupe seeds I am going to open the lid one day and see thousands of baby melons in my compost bin and then feel obliged to try and cultivate them. Responsibility guys, it is a heavy burden.

Pants, that's 8 things.....

No comments: